Department of Social Work and Sociology
Head of Department
- BSW, UNZA
- MSc, Linnaeus University
- MSc, Linnaeus University
- PhD, University of Warwick
- Programme Coordinator, PhD and Masters studies
- Inclusive Education, disability,
- Gender Studies
- Domestic violence
- Children and domestic violence
- Social protection,
- Policy research
- Chirwa, M. (2018, July). Experiences of parenting children with disabilities in Zambia. In JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH IN INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES (Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 498-503). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
- Chirwa, M. (2016) Perspectives of Parenting Children with Intellectual Disability. Experiences of Mothers in Zambia. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research Vol 60 (7) 648
- Chirwa, M. and Kalinda, R. (2016) Responding to Gender-Based Violence: A Focus on Policy, Legal and Institutional Frameworks in Zambia. Journal of Societal and Cultural Research Vol. 2 (1). 15-28
- Chirwa, M. and Kalinda, R. (2016) Challenges of the Elderly in Zambia. A Systematic Review Study. European Scientific Journal Vol. 12 (2). 351-364
- Chirwa, M. (2015) Rwanda, is it a Success Story or Exaggerated? Development History. European Scientific Journal Vol. 11 (20). 105-128
- Chirwa, M. and Kalinda, R. (2015) Women’s Participation in Key Decision Making Institutions in Zambia: A Case of Three Arms of Government: Legislature, Executive and the Judiciary. Journal of Societal and Cultural Research Vol. 1 (3). 128-137
- Chirwa, M. (2014) Opportunities and Challenges in Inclusive Education and Disability. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities Vol.27 (4)190-194.
- Chirwa, M., Merrill, B., Revers, S., Field, J., Fragoso, A., Valadas, S., Paulos, L., Finnegan, F., O’Neill. J., Kurantowicz, E., Nizinska, A., Czubak-Koch, M., Monteagudo, G., Padilla-Carmona, M., Vázquez-Granadero, M., Bron, A. and Thunborg, A. (2017). Building Bridges to Sustainable Employment (Staff & Employer Handbook / Employ Project). Warwick Print. Coventry
- Merrill, B., Chirwa, M., Revers, S., Field, J., Fragoso, A., Valadas, S., Paulos, L., Finnegan, F., O’Neill. J., Kurantowicz, E., Nizinska, A., Czubak-Koch, M., Monteagudo, G., Padilla-Carmona, M., Vázquez-Granadero, M., Bron, A. and Thunborg, A. (2017). In Search of Decent Work After University (Student Handbook / Employ Project / A career-development learning resource for non-traditional students and graduates). Warwick Print. Coventry
- Chirwa, M. (2011) Inclusive Education and Disability. Opportunities and Challenges. Saarbrücken: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing
- 2015- Blum, L.V. Raising Generation Rx. Mothering Kids with Invisible Disabilities in an Age of Inequality. Journal of Sociology of Health and Illness. Vol xx No. xx. 2015. pp 1-2
Book Chapter Reviews
- 2015- Reviewed 5 chapters of a book on Securitisation of Migration for Palgrave Macmillan:
- The securitization of European Migration Policies: Perceptions of threat and management of risk
- The securitization of migration: An absent presence?
- The Rise of Italian Population and Fascism of the 3rd Millennium’ in the Age of Migration and Security
- Impact and Insecurity: The Securitisation of State Relations with British Muslim Communities
- Migration, security, discourses and practices: a continuum approach
- 2016-Present Subject Expert-Development, Journal of Social and Political Psychology
- 2015- Present Subject Expert- Disability, Journal of Sociology of Health and Illness
- 2014-Present Subject Expert- Inclusive education, Greener Journals
- 2019- Child Protection Module for UNICEF and Ministry of Community Development and Social Welfare, Zambia.
- 2018- Social Research Module for students in Social Protection Programme to be introduced in 2019, University of Zambia.
- 2018- Quantitative Data Analysis Module for students in Social Protection Programme to be introduced in 2019, University of Zambia.
- 2017- Social Studies Module for students Lifelong Learning, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- 2013- Social Research Methods for undergraduate students in the Institute for Distance Education, University of Zambia.