Duration of programme:
Two and half (2.5) years or five (5) Semesters
Year 1: Semester 1
AGS 6735 Soils and Environment
AGS 6155 Land Reclamation and Restoration
AGS 6145 Application of Remote Sensing in land and Environmental Management
AGS 6135 GIS Application in Land and Environmental Management
Year 1: Semester 2
AGS 6845 Research Methodology
AGS 6235 Soil Pollution and Solid Waste Management
AGS 6825 Policies and Regulations in Soil and Environmental Management
AGS 6245 Environmental Chemistry and Biology
Year 2: Semester 1
AGS 6835 Environmental Risk Management
Elective courses (select one course only)
AGS 6645 Climate Mitigation and Responses
AGS 6635 Soil and Water Conservation
AGS 6655 Watershed Monitoring and Management
Year 2: Semester 2
AGS 7000 – Research Project
Year 3: Semester 1
AGS 7000 – Research Project
The following shall be eligible for admission to the MSc SLEM:
i. Graduates of the University of Zambia with Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources or any Science related field with at least credit, Or
ii. Graduates of the University of Zambia with a Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainable Land and Environmental Management (PGDip SLEM) Or
iii. Graduates from other recognized universities with Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources or any Science related field with at least credit (second class honors), Or
iv. In exceptional cases graduates who possess a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field with a pass or equivalent, and have a minimum of two years post-graduation professional experience relevant to the pursuit of graduate studies maybe accepted for admission
Click here programme fees, accommodation and other fees.
Use the following steps to apply
- Visit the Institute of Distance Education website by typing ide.unza.zm in your web browser (mozila, chrome,internet explorer etc.)
- For Undergraduate Students: On your left hand side locate and click on “Online application(Undergraduate)” under the heading “Online Services”. For Post graduate Students: On your left hand side locate and click on “Online application(Postgraduate”) under the heading “Online Services
- Select the term you want to apply for (eg. 2018, 2019 etc.)
- Select the program you wish to apply for (eg. Bachelor of Accounting and Finance, Master of Business Administration etc.)
- Fill in the form with the information required (e.g name, address, educational background etc.)
- Note: all mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk(*) and these should all be filled in.
- Scan and upload softcopy documents (previous education(Grade 12, Diploma or Degree), certifications, NRC, etc.) under the section with the heading “Upload Academic Documents”
- Click on the “Save and Proceed” button to submit the Application form
- Your application has now been submitted for approval, take note of the application number.
- Print the billmaster form by clicking on “Print ZANACO Deposit Form” and make payment at your nearest ZANACO branch.
Application for Undergraduate Programmes: A non-refundable fee of K150 should be deposited in our ZANACO Account No. 0382200300177, Branch: Cairo Business Centre
Application for Postgraduate Programmes: A non-refundable fee of K150 should be deposited in our ZANACO Account No. 0382200300379, Branch: Cairo Business Centre
NOTE 1: Feedback on your application will be sent to your email. If you do not receive any feedback, contact the IDE Registry by sending an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” or calling +260978772249.
NOTE 2: In case of any problems kindly contact IDE on the following numbers IDE OFFICE: 0978772249 IDE CUSTOMER CARE: 0978772248. You may also go to any of our Provincial Centres to seek assistance from our staff stationed there to attend to your queries.